ORION FMCW Radar Level Transmitter is used for non-contact, continuous level and volume measurement of liquid and solid materials in open and closed tanks. It shows the measured value as level, distance (cm, m) or volume (liter, m3) with its built-in LCD screen. Instead of measuring time (Pulse), it uses FMCW technology. It generates and sends a signal sweep with increasing frequency over time. The transmitted signal is reflected by the measuring surface. The reflected signal is collected by the antenna. The frequency difference between the transmitted and received signals is directly proportional to the distance between the measured surface and the sensor.
Scope of application
- Water treatment and process technology: Water, wastewater, etc.
- Food industry: Beverage, milk and dairy products, etc.
- Chemical and pharmaceutical industry: Oil, gasoline, diesel etc.
- In the Building Industry: gypsum, lime, fine sand, dolomite, calcite, perlite gypsum, stone, cement, coal, pulverized coal dust, etc.
- In the Food Industry: Feed, seeds, flour, salt, sugar, etc.
- In Plastic Industry: Plastic particles etc.
Non-contact FMCW radar technology is used especially in severe process conditions that require high measurement accuracy. The measurement result is not affected by fluctuation on liquid surfaces. Process conditions (temperature, humidity, pressure, dust) do not change the measurement results.
- Supply voltage: 24 Vdc,
- Output signal: Analog 4-20 mA & 2 NO, Relay output 250V/1A & Modbus RS485,
- Resolution: +/- 1 cm, Sensitivity: +/- 0.2 % set measuring range,
- Maximum measuring distance: 50 m,
- Sensor material: PE,
- Process connection: DN100, PN16,
- Operating temperature: -20°C, +80°C,
- Working pressure:3Bar,
- Ambient temperature: -20°C, +80° C,
- Sensor protection class: IP68,
- Transmitter Hausing protection class: IP68,
- Transmitter Hausing: Aluminum
Silo mounting adapter DN100 PN16 POMC Delrin®
Strap Mount Adapter, SS304